10 December 2015

Getting Rid of Acne: Skin Update & Skincare Routine

As some have requested, here is my skin update. I still have some good days and some bad days when my skin feels like breaking out, but since using tretinoin, it has cleared up my acne a lot. One thing I have noticed being back on tretinoin is that I saw progress immediately, but after a few months on it, the results started to slow down a little bit. I'm guessing it is probably because my skin has cleared up a lot already so there isn't much acne to fight as compared to when I first started.

I can honestly say that I am very satisfied with the way my skin is now. Although, it's not 100% clear and I'm not 100% acne-free (that is probably impossible), I am happy that I'm no longer breaking out like when I first started.

Due to the harsh winter weather, I have switched over to the cream formula. The gel formula dries up very quickly, but during the fall/winter weather and my skin being super dry, I didn't want to dry out my skin too much. The cream formula helps a little with moisturizing too which is what I like. I was hesitant at the beginning since it is a thicker formula and I was afraid it was going to clog my pores and make me break out some more, but thankfully I haven't experienced any breakouts from the cream formula. I plan on continuing this formula until spring time and switching over to the gel formula once the warmer seasons roll back around.

If there is anyone who has questions relating to acne or tretinoin or just need someone to talk to, feel free to leave me a comment down below and I'd be able to reply back. Acne is not an easy thing to deal with physically and mentally, but we'll surely get through it. Have a great day. Take care. <3

No comments: