10 December 2015

Getting rid of Acne

About a month ago, I started back on my prescription medication to treat my acne. I started using tretinoin (retin-a) in around 2010 - 2011. It has done wonders to my skin, but after moving to Massachusetts, I stopped using it because my skin was doing pretty good and I wanted to try to get off the medication.

Unfortunately, after a year and a half off of tretinoin, my skin started to flare up again so I decided to get back on it. During the first three weeks back on, my skin was extremely dry. It was the driest it has ever been. A lot of it was due to the medication and also the harsh New England winter. I did have a few new break outs in the first few weeks as well, but I also noticed it rapidly clearly up.

It wasn't until my late high school years that my skin started breaking out. It was the occasional hormonal acne, but once I got into my freshman year of college was when it really took its toll. I started having terrible cystic acne all over my face and at the time, I thought I was the ugliest human alive. I hated myself because of something I had no control over. It was an emotional battle having to listen to numerous people about not cleaning my face the right way or needing to put this and that on, along with questions asking what is wrong with me and if I had some sort of disease. Those words came from both people I knew and those I have never spoken a word to or seen in my life. Those were the days I hated being out in public or around people.

Flash forward to present day and I now see my acne as a blessing. Had I not had any acne, I wouldn't have the ability to sympathize with others and understand the struggles along with the emotional damage it could cause a person. I have learned so much from skincare to makeup to just loving myself for exactly how I am and because of that, I am very thankful. Like the saying goes, "beauty is more than skin deep." I want to encourage and remind everyone that as we learn new tips and tricks to improve our makeup skills or anything else in general, let's not forget to improve on ourselves whether it be self love, bad habits, personality or lifestyle. Let's remember to work on being the most beautiful versions of ourselves.

It has been about a month since I started back on tretinoin and I just wanted to share my results with you guys. I have seen very good results with it and I plan on continuing. I hope you guys will find my video helpful and I will update again in a month. If you have questions or just need someone to talk to, comment down below or you can always email me at Maibeautyx@gmail.com. Before I go, I just want to say that if you are also suffering from acne like myself, don't lose hope and please remember that it will surely get better. Good luck, take care and God bless.





No comments: