18 December 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors Review and Swatches

Hi everyone!!! I am happy to be back blogging. It's been such a long time and I sure do miss it.

A week or two before Thanksgiving, I was at CVS and came across the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors and I picked up two to try out. I was very impressed with the two that I got so while I was at Target, I saw a few more shades and decided to get four more. After some time to test them out, I have a full review to share with you guys.

In the ultra hd matte lip color line, they have 8 shades ranging from pink to plum and red. They are matte lipcolors that are moisturizing and have a velvety feel in a wax-free gel formula. I decided to get 6 out of the 8 shades available.


From left to right, they are Addiction, Love, Obsession, Temptation, Devotion, Seduction.





Pros:
Very opaque, a little bit of product goes a long way
Velvety texture, glides on very nicely
Packaging, sleek and different from traditional rounded tube lip glosses
Applicator, flat on both sides so you can use either side to apply
Lightweight
Moisturizing


Cons:
Not matte as described, has a gloss to it but once dried it becomes a little matte
Transfer very easily, therefore not long lasting
Price $7-11 depending on where you purchase


The verdict:
The Revlon ultra hd matte lipcolors are a good product. The texture is very nice and it is very opaque, but it is not a "must have" product. The formula is moisturizing so you won't have to worry about having dried cracked lips. If there is one or two shades that really catches your eyes, then get those specific shades only. I wouldn't recommend to purchase the whole line. The price is comparable to other drugstore lip glosses and lipsticks, but I wished they didn't label it "matte" since the formula is slightly glossy. It's kind of misleading in that aspect. There are other products in the market that really matte and you can get them for a few bucks cheaper.

No comments: